Monday, October 25, 2010

Don't Steal my Imaginary Pizza!!
 
 
                 My trips to the store can be easily done without children in tow, but nothing beats the entertainment they give when I am around them. Friendship is so important in childhood, how to make friends and keep them, and especically resolving conflicts. My children are still learning these processes, but I'm sure they will be Jedis by the time they reach 5th grade. The quality of friendship of course is what homeschooling parents need to find. When my children went to brick and mortal school, they had plenty of kids around them and a quantity of friends to play tag on the school yard. It still doesn't count toward quality friendship where they actual talk to one another.
                 Calling past classmates and finding children in the neighborhood provides them with essential skills. It just not play time, they are learning how to become adults. Yes, even while playing. Let them call their friends, don't overparent, let them make mistakes. How else would you know what they need help with? In the past I have overparented, but yesterday I let my son Adam call his friends and he had to speak to their mom first, he amazed me how well he did. Let them amaze you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment